- Prepare junior pharmacists as professional leaders in pharmaceutical care services.
- Provide the community with well-prepared pharmacists capable of utilizing modern medical and pharmaceutical techniques and approaches in pharmaceutical care.
- Contribute to healthcare services' improvement in the Kurdistan Region and Iraq by infusing the healthcare system with efficient and problem-solving graduates who can utilize artificial intelligence (AI) programs in clinical pharmacy and drug development.
- Supply the local pharmaceutical industry with hardworking, well-trained graduates eligible to face the challenges and provide proper solutions for them.
- Prepare critical thinkers with research minds and adequate practical capabilities to solve medical and pharmaceutical problems.
The mission of the Bachelor of Pharmacy (BSc. Pharm.) Program at the American University of Iraq, Sulaimani is rooted in the aspiration to advance the scientific quality and ingenuity inherent in the field of pharmacy. This mission is accomplished through a multipronged approach, encompassing education, research, innovation, and active community engagement. The program is designed to inspire both faculty and students to engage in a process of continuous discovery and dissemination of knowledge. Central to the realization of this mission is the fostering of an educational environment that underscores competence, creativity, and novelty. The pedagogical approach focuses on problem-based, integrative, and self-directed learning paradigms. Additionally, the program is bolstered by advanced learning resources, an internationally certified curriculum, and the application of contemporary pharmaceutical techniques. These resources and methodologies provide an assurance of nurturing pharmacists who will contribute significantly to healthcare services. In summary, the mission of the Bachelor of Pharmacy (BSc. Pharm.) Program at AUIS is to enhance the professional sphere of pharmacy through a holistic education approach, thereby producing knowledgeable and innovative graduates who can serve as leaders in the domain of healthcare services.The Vision of The Major:
Our vision for the Bachelor of Pharmacy (BSc. Pharm.) Program extends beyond the conventional realms of education. We aspire to position ourselves as leaders in pharmaceutical education on both regional and national stages, making strides towards the development of a vibrant pharmaceutical research platform. Furthermore, we are committed to fostering an environment of collaboration, extending our accumulated expertise to fellow educational institutes. This commitment to knowledge-sharing enhances not just our program but also contributes to the collective growth of the pharmaceutical education landscape. In addition, we intend to serve as pioneers in the adoption and integration of modern pharmaceutical technologies within the health system. By doing so, we aim to bridge the gap between academic knowledge and practical application, benefiting both our students and the broader healthcare sector. Finally, our vision encompasses gaining recognition for our high standards and values. We strive to distinguish ourselves in the competitive educational sector by upholding and promoting a culture of academic excellence and professional ethics. In all these endeavors, we remain true to our core objective: to serve as the gold standard in pharmaceutical education and research.
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Pharmacy (BSc. Pharm.) Program at the American University of Iraq, Sulaimani, students will be able to:
- Know how to accurately calculate parameters for a variety of pharmaceutical dosage forms.
- Know how to perform chemical and pharmaceutical tests on medicinal agents, ensuring their quality, safety, and efficacy.
- Know how to prepare various pharmaceutical formulations and dosage forms with a high degree of precision and efficiency.
- Understand how to utilize natural products and supplements, providing scientifically sound advice for their use in patient care.
- Learn how to conduct pharmacokinetic parameter measurements and assessments using state-of-the-art equipment and software, contributing to optimal patient (therapeutic) outcomes.
- Demonstrate proficient medications’ handling, which includes their identification, proper storage, and dispensation.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and interpret prescriptions, while providing informed advice on therapeutic management, medication dosage regimens, and usage.
- Show scientific and molecular evidence for drug actions and treatment protocols, strengthening the evidence-based practice of pharmacy.
- Provide evidence-based advice for the safe and effective administration and usage of medications.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the underlying stages of drug development process and application process to regulatory bodies.
- Demonstrate holistic understanding of the global health problems in general and pharmaceutical care problems in particular and being able to give logical solutions for them.
- Effectively utilize computational modeling and molecular docking programs in drug discovery and development, keeping abreast of innovative methodologies in pharmaceutical sciences.
- Perform quality control measurements, applying critical judgment to determine the validity of tested pharmaceutical agents.
- Prepare necessary formulation dilutions for patients in a hospital setting, supporting optimal therapeutic outcomes.
- Estimate medication needs based on robust statistical data analysis, contributing to effective pharmacy management and patient care.
- Conduct research activities in diverse pharmaceutical fields, addressing emerging challenges and contributing to the advancement of the field.
- Deliver high-quality pharmaceutical care services to patients and the community, reflecting the ethics and responsibilities of the profession.
- Recognize the applications of natural products and phytotherapeutic agents in disease management, incorporating complementary therapies into patient care when appropriate.
- Offer appropriate and well-informed advice on medication-related matters to the medical team, fostering interprofessional collaboration in healthcare settings.