Please ensure that you adhere to these guidelines when working at the Writing Center, whether as a student or tutor.
Guidelines for Students
- Students should plan ahead and take an active role in improving their writing.
- Students should not expect the tutor to set the Agenda.
- Students are responsible for bringing their assignments with them and have thought about what they want to improve in a particular paper, or in their writing more generally.
- Students working on papers longer than a 5-page paper will need more than one session.
Guidelines for Tutors
- Writing Center tutors are students who have completed a training seminar and continue to learn through staff education workshops.
- Tutors mark errors on a paper but rather read through it with the student and work through areas previously identified.
- Tutors help students become better at assessing and editing their own work.
- Tutors will not set the agenda for a session.