Ahmed Tabaqchali is Senior Fellow at IRIS. Mr. Tabaqchali is the Chief Strategist of AFC Iraq Fund with over 25 years of experience in US and MENA markets. He formerly served as the Executive Director of NBK Capital, the investment banking arm of the National Bank of Kuwait, and Managing Director and Head of International Institutional Sales at WR Hambrecht + Co. based in London, New York and San Francisco. Prior to these roles, he worked as Managing Director at KeyBanc in London and Head of Capital Markets & Institutional Sales at Jefferies Int’l in London. He started his career at Dean Witter Int’l in London. His research at IRIS focuses on the development and sustainability of the post-ISIS economies of Iraq and Kurdistan.
- How Demographics Erode the Patronage Buying Power of Iraq’s Muhasasa Ta’ifia. Arab Reform Initiative. July 2020.
- The Accounts that didn’t Bark: Iraq’s Hidden State Balances. London School of Economics and Political Science. July 2020.
- Will COVID-19 Mark the Endgame for Iraq’s Muhasasa Ta'ifia? Arab Reform Initiative. April 2020.
- Iraq’s Power Conundrum: How to Secure Reliable Electricity While Achieving Energy Independence. London School of Economics and Political Science. March 2020.
- Between a Rock and a Hard Place: Iraq’s Political Class’ Dilemma between Budget Realities and Protestor Demands. London School of Economics and Political Science. March 2020.
- US Sanctions and the Illusion of Power. London School of Economics and Political Science. January 2020.
- Iraq's Investment Spending Deficit: An Analysis of Chronic Failures. IRIS. December 2018
- Statehood in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq through an Economic Lens. IRIS. March 2018
- Iraq's Economy after ISIS: An Investor's Perspective. IRIS. November 2017
- العقوبات الأمريكية ووهم القوة
- مأزق الطبقة السياسية في العراق بين حقائق الموازنة ومطالب المحتجين
- الحسابات الصامتة .. أرصدة الدولة خارج السيطرة في العراق
- معضلة الكهرباء في العراق
- Email: [email protected]