Copy Editor (Consultancy):
The Institute of Regional and International Studies (IRIS) is seeking a consultancy based Copy Editor to join the IRIS team at the American University of Iraq, Sulaimani (AUIS). The editor will mainly work on the quarterly Iraq Economic Review and other IRIS publications as needed.
IRIS is an Iraq-based research center committed to producing independent and empirically rigorous political analysis of Iraq and the broader Middle East region. Housed at the American University of Iraq, Sulaimani (AUIS), the Institute partners with academic institutions and funding agencies from across the world that share IRIS' mission of grounding the policy conversation on Iraq in rigorous research and local expertise. IRIS convenes events throughout the year, including the annual Sulaimani Forum, in order to disseminate research findings and to promote dialogue among a broad range of stakeholders on the most complex policy challenges facing Iraq and the region. Finally, IRIS builds the skills and capacity of young researchers, policymakers, and leaders towards the aim of leveraging policy research into political and social change.
- Proven work experience as a Copy Editor or similar role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- A bachelor’s degree in Journalism or English is preferred.
- Review and revise content for accuracy and quality, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Ensure correct tone, voice, clarity, flow and structure of content.
- Verify factual correctness of information, such as dates and statistics.
- Basic knowledge of economic terms and concepts.
Applications are due August 15, 2022. Interested candidates should submit the following documents via email, with “Copy Editor” in the subject line, to [email protected]:
- Curriculum vitae / Resume (1 page maximum, no pictures, black & white font)
- A portfolio of editing work
No telephone calls please. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview. AUIS is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity employer and believes that diversity is essential to education.