IRIS regularly hosts visiting researchers, research fellows, and senior fellows affiliated with prominent universities, think tanks, and private sector institutions across the world. These opportunities aim to provide a chance for scholars, analysts, or practitioners to conduct on-the-ground research in Iraq and the Kurdistan Region in accordance with IRIS's four areas of focus:
- Peace and Security
- Economic Reform and Development
- Governance and Democracy
- Social Relations and Civil Society
You can see more about our areas of focus here.
If you are interested in one of the following opportunities, please fill out a completed application form (available here), along with a CV or resume, and a published writing sample to IRIS's Director of Research and Policy, Mac Skelton, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visiting Researcher (PhD candidates and Post-docs with Research Funding only with at least 1 previous publication in a peer-reviewed academic journal, or a high-level policy publication)
- Research Fellow (Established scholars and/or researchers with a strong record of publication in academic and policy journals; PhD and publication record required)
- Senior Fellow (Senior leaders of humanitarian organizations, full-professor level academics, former diplomats)