A passionate engineer and researcher, Dr. Javed joined AUIS family after serving in Pakistan and USA as an Assistant Professor Mechanical Engineering. His research interests include using nonlinear-dynamics and vibrations’ tools to model and simulate dynamical systems, which range from energy harvesting systems to biomimicry. His teaching background comprises of range of experiences inside undergraduate classrooms and labs of Mechanical Engineering, with focused expertise in dynamics and vibrations. He has authored and co-authored several journal articles and presented his work in quite a few AIAA conferences in USA.
- H. Dai, A. Abdelkefi, U. Javed, L. Wang, Modeling and performance of electromagnetic energy harvesting from galloping oscillations, 2015, Smart Materials and Structures, Vol. 24, pp. 045012.
- U. Javed, A. Abdelkefi, H. Dai, Nonlinear dynamics and comparative analysis of hybrid piezoelectric-inductive energy harvesters subjected to galloping vibrations, 2015, European Physical Journal - Special Topics, Vol. 224, pp. 2929-2948.
- U. Javed, A. Abdelkefi, I. Akhtar, An improved stability characterization for aeroelastic energy harvesting applications, 2016, Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, Vol. 36, pp. 2522-265.
- U. Javed and A. Abdelkefi, Impacts of the aerodynamic force representation on the stability and performance of galloping energy harvesters, 2017, Journal of Sound and Vibration 400, 213-226.
- U Javed and A. Abdelkefi, Role of the galloping force and moment of inertia of inclined square cylinders on the performance of hybrid galloping energy harvesters, 2018, Applied Energy 231, 259-276.
- U Javed and A. Abdelkefi, Characteristics and comparative analysis of piezoelectric-electromagnetic energy harvesters from vortex-induced oscillations, 2019, Nonlinear Dynamics, 1-25.
- M. Hassanalian, H. Abdelmoula, S. Mohammadi, S. Bakhtiyarov, J. Goerlich, U. Javed, Aquatic animal colors and skin temperature: Biology's selection for reducing oceanic dolphin's skin friction drag, Journal of Thermal Biology 84, 292-310, 2019.
- U. Javed, H. Abdelmoula, M. Hassanalian, A. Mirzaeinia, M. Naghdi, B. Majeed, Harvesting Energy by Base Excitations of Troops’ Backpacks for Charging Drones, AIAA Propulsion and Energy 2019 Forum, 4322.
- U. Javed and A. Abdelkefi, Nonlinear analysis of hybrid galloping energy harvesting system integrated with a nonlinear torsional spring, AIAA, Fluid Dynamics Conference, 2018, 3717.
Certified IRCA ISO 9001 lead auditor (2013)