E-mail: [email protected]
Dr. Treefa did a Master’s in Medical Microbiology and MPhil/Ph.D. in Immuno-oncology at Exeter university /Medical School. She conducted Learning and Teaching in Higher Education at Exeter University (LTHE 1 and LTHE2). Obtaining a PhD degree at Exeter University. During this period, She has been assisting the training of undergraduate and postgraduate students within the research group and therefore gaining further experience in teaching. At Exeter University, she had been teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students lab projects and lab demonstrations. Demonstration for biomedical science and dealing with students. Her doctoral studies were about immunogenic cell death.
• To perform established procedures in the lab and develop newer approaches to answer a research query.
• To produce novel project ideas for undergraduate and postgraduate students and write research proposals and grant applications.
• To attend conferences and present work via oral/poster presentation.
• To write research articles for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
View Profile on Google Scholar
1. PANDYA, U. M., EGBUTA, C., ABDULLAH NORMAN, T. M., CHIANG, C. E., WIERSMA, V. R., PANCHAL, R. G., BREMER, E., EGGLETON, P. & GOLD, L. I. 2019. The Biophysical Interaction of the Danger-Associated Molecular Pattern (DAMP) Calreticulin with the Pattern-Associated Molecular Pattern (PAMP) Lipopolysaccharide. Int J Mol Sci, 20.(Pandya et al., 2019).
2. Investigation into the toxic effects of graphene nanopores on lung cancer cells and biological tissues. Tanveer A. Tabish, Md Zahidul I. Pranjol, F. Jabeen, Trefa Abdullah, Asif Latif, Adeel Khalid, M. Ali, Hasan Hayat, Alma A. M. Rahat, Paul G. Winyard, Jacqueline L. Whatmore, Shaowei Zhang. Submitted to 2D Materials.
3. Tabish T, Pranjol Z, Hayat H, Rahat A, Abdullah TM, Whatmore J, Zhang S. (2017) In vitro toxic effects of reduced graphene oxide nanosheets on lung cancer cells. Nanotechnology 28):504001.
4. VR Wiersma, M Michalak, TM Abdulla, E Bremer & P Eggleton. (2015) Mechanisms of translocation of ER chaperones to the cell surface and immunomodulatory roles in cancer and autoimmunity. Frontiers in Oncology 5; 1‐14.
5. WIERSMA, V. R., CLARKE, A., POUWELS, S. D., PERRY, E., ABDULLAH, T. M., KELLY, C., SOYZA, A., HUTCHINSON, D., EGGLETON, P. & BREMER, E. 2019. Galectin-9 Is a Possible Promoter of Immunopathology in Rheumatoid Arthritis by Activation of Peptidyl Arginine Deiminase 4 (PAD-4) in Granulocytes. Int J Mol Sci, 20. In preparation:
6. Mechanisms of calreticulin binding and translocation from the endoplasmic reticulum to the cell surface in human ovarian cancer cells induced by ER stress.
7. Investigation into whether cancer cells expressing surface CRT can induce maturation of dendritic cells and subsequent activation of T- cells.