This page has been updated on July 10, 2018.
AUIS is a private, not-for-profit university operated for the public benefit of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq and Iraq. To help talented students attend, the University subsidizes their education. On average more than 40% of the cost of an AUIS student’s education is paid for by outside sponsors, gifts and grants.
In general, the higher a student’s score on the KRG/Iraq Baccalaureate exam, the lower the tuition rate paid by the student. Students scoring 74 and below on the Baccalaureate exam pay the full (unsubsidized) tuition rate of $8,000 per year (two semesters).
The University offers additional scholarships and sponsorships to help students pay for their education at AUIS. Because selection criteria and availability of scholarships may vary by year, please regularly check the AUIS website for updates.
The highest-scoring top two percent (2%) students will receive a full AUIS Academic Excellence Scholarship, and will not be required to pay any tuition.
Tuition rates for students admitted in 2018-2019 are set forth below. These rates are effective September 1, 2017.
2018-19 Tuition Rates
|90 and above||$4,000|
|75 - 89||$6,000|
|74 and below||$8,000|
* Fractions will not be rounded up, for example a student with a score of 89.99 will pay annual tuition of $6,000.
* Tuition is for one academic year that includes fall and spring terms. If a student attends AUIS for only one term, or attends both terms as well as a summer term, the amount will differ.
|Master of Business Administration|
|Tuition per course||$1,375|
- Newly enrolled students, including recipients of scholarship and/or sponsorship, will be asked for a tuition deposit of $500.
- Admissions tuition deposit is non-refundable. Exception to this might be granted to some scholarship cases, which must be determined in the enrollment agreement.
- Deposits for keys, lockers and other university property.
Annual tuition does not include:
- Voluntary, non-refundable Academic Preparatory Program (APP) Summer Term fee;
- Voluntary, non-refundable Summer Term undergraduate course fee.
In addition to tuition, APP students are required to pay about $50 per term for textbooks:
- This fee is processed by the AUIS Bookstore
- If not paid, APP will withhold midterm and final grades and prevent online registration
AUIS reserves the right to introduce additional mandatory fees not originally listed in enrollment agreement.
The Fees at AUIS include the following:
- Dorm/housing fees (only for students eligible for dorm room)
The cost of living in an AUIS dorm per semester is as follows:
- Economy: $600
- Standard: $720
- Private: $1,200
Click here to learn more about the above dorm types.
* Above fees cover staying in the dorms for one semester; any breaks, holidays and weekends will not be deducted from the cost.
* A deposit for dorm room keys, and other AUIS properties in the dorm rooms will be requested from the student during registration for housing.
- Administration fee: $50 per term
- Undergraduate textbook fees (total amount varies depending on schedule)
- Minor service fees (printing fees, parking fees)
AUIS reserves the right to introduce additional fees not originally listed in enrollment agreement.