Dr. Jamil Baban received his Doctorate in Medical Biochemistry and Enzymology as well as his Masters of Philosophy in Cell Sciences from the UK’s University of Southampton. He currently teaches Food Science and Technology at AUIS. His overall research interests are in the fields of Medical Biochemistry, Enzymology, Molecular Biology, and Human Genetics. Since 2011, Dr. Baban has been a Senior Lecturer in the University of Sulaimani’s College of Pharmacy. In 2006 he began a four-year Researcher position in the Department of Chemistry, Biotechnology, and Food Science in the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Biosciences at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences. He was Chairman of Medical Laboratory Sciences at Komar University of Science and Technology in Sulaimani from 2013-2014 and a Lecturer at Hawler Medical University’s College of Pharmacy from 2009 to 2011.
- Genetic Study of HMG-Coenzyme A Reductase In Hyperlipidimic Diabetes Mellitus Type 2 Using Statins Therapy“, 2014, in progress.
- Molecular Detection of Helicobacter pylori and Prevalence of Cag A gene in Kurdistan Region-Iraq using Polymerase Chain Reactio. Journal of Biotechnology Research, Vol. 14, 2013.
- Hallmarks of Processivity in Glycoside Hydrolases from Crystallographic and Computational Studies of the Serratia marcescens Chitinases. J Biol Chem. 2012 Oct19; 287(43):36322-30. doi: 10.1074/jbc.M112.402149. Epub 2012.
- Characterisation of two Vitellogenins in the salmon louse lepeophtheirus salmonis: Molecular, Functional and evolutional analysis. vol. 94: 211–224, 2011, diseases of aquatic organisms, dis., aquat, org.
- The Roles of Three Serratia marcescens Chitinases in Chitin Conversion Are Reflected in Different Thermodynamic Signatures of Allosamidin Binding. J. Phys. Chem. B 2010, 114, 6144–6149.
- Alcohol dehydrogenase type 1C (ADH1C) variants, alcohol consumption traits, HDL cholesterol and risk of coronary heart disease in women and men: British Women's Heart and Health Study and Caerphilly cohorts (Journal of The American College of Surgeons, Volume 196, Issue 2, Pages 871-878, 2008.
- Lactase persistence-related genetic variant: population substructure and health outcomes.(European Journal of Human Genetics; doi: 10.1038/ejhg.2008.156).
- Characterisation of a light-stimulated trans-cis isomerise involved in coumarin biosynthesis. (Diss.Abstr.Int., C 2003, 64(1), 143).