AUIS offers an American-style liberal arts education to students of any nationality.
AUIS currently has students enrolled from all over Iraq, the Middle East, Europe and the world. In order to qualify for admission, applicants must do the following:
- Fill out the Information Form
- Equalize high school degree into the Iraqi Baccalaureate system
Equalizing Your High School Degree
Any applicant to AUIS that completed his or her high school degree outside of Iraq must equalize their score into the Iraqi system through the KRG Ministry of Education, Directorate of Exams.
AUIS’s Admissions office helps international applicants to do their equalization process by providing required information to applicants and assistance with sending their documents to Erbil to the KRG Ministry of Education, Directorate of Exams. Admissions office acts only as a bridge between international applicants and the Directorate of Exams and has no role in the equalization process itself.
- Applicants need to apply to AUIS and submit the online application form
- AUIS will issue a letter requesting high school degree equalization
- Applicant prepares the following documents:
- Copy of passport from home country (including visa and residency information, if necessary)
- Official high school transcript from home country
- Official high school tests from your home country (tests vary by country)
- Any other required documentation or certificates requested by the Directorate of Exams
All applicants must complete an English proficiency exam to be admitted, regardless of nationality. Students can submit official score reports for the following tests:
- TOEFL IBT (only official ETS providers)
- IELTS (only official British Council providers)
- Students can also take an English placement test at AUIS.
- Apply to AUIS and submit the online application form
- Submit physical copy of official university transcript to Registrar Office or PDF of official transcript to [email protected]
- Allow 1-3 weeks for AUIS to reply to transfer credit request; transcript will be viewed by relevant Department Chair and Registrar
- Receive final form (either PDF or physical copy) that outlines transcript credits granted
- AUIS will attempt to give final answer before final enrollment decision
If accepted, applicants must visit AUIS to enroll. When visiting AUIS to sign his or her contract and pay deposits, applicants must bring original copies of the following documents:
- Completed application form (with stamps and signatures)
- Equalized certification (signed letter and stamp on application form)
- 2 passport size photos (as detailed on application form)
- Official test results report of TOEFL IBT or IELTS (if any)
- Photocopies of identity IDs