Please ensure that you adhere to the guidelines below when working at the Match Center, whether as a student or tutor.
Guidelines for Students
- Students are responsible for planning and providing adequate time to receive tutoring from the Math Center.
- Students should schedule their time well in advance of their assignment's deadline.
- Students should arrive on time to the Math Center.
- Students should bring all necessary materials (class notes, assignment guidelines, textbooks, drafts, syllabus, calculator, etc.) to the tutoring session.
- Students should read and sign the expectation sheet.
- Students should complete a Tutoring Session Information Sheet at the end of each session.
Guidelines for Tutors
- The Math Center tutors will be knowledgeable of AUIS’s mathematics and Sciences course material.
- All tutors should have at least 10 hours training offered by the Math Center.
- Tutors work with students and not for students. The tutor will go over examples of similar problems in order to develop your understanding of concepts.
- Tutors will not correct your homework, projects or take-home exams. They will provide useful comments and suggestions and serve as guides, not as professors or editors. It is a violation of AUIS’s Academic Policy to ask Math Center tutors to do your homework for you. Tutors will report such violations.
- Prospective tutors should submit an application during Math Center opening hours for consideration.