Social Activities for First Year Experience Engagement
1. Sports Corner: Students will learn how to play sports will fostering new friendships.
2. Chess Hour: Students will practice new chess strategies, critical thinking skills and engage with the broader AUIS community.
3. Tea Hour: Students will bond with teachers in a non-academic setting and social across disciplines.
4. Lifting Weights in Iraq (girls only): Students will learn basic exercises for strength training.
5. You Tube Can Oragami: Students will learn how to origami through teacher led instruction and You Tube videos.
6. Hiking: Students will appreciate nature, learn proper trash disposal and foster teamwork
7. Cell Phone Photography: the Non-Selfie: Students will learn how to use filters to enhance their photographs.
8. Ultimate Frisbee: Students will use collaboration and teamwork to win a game.
9. Field Day: Students will network with students outside their levels.
10. Art Club: Students will learn different visual art techniques.
11. How to Cook on a Hot Plate: Dorm students will learn how to cook quick, nutritious food on a hot plate.
12. Snakes and Cemetery: Students will share ghost stories/scary literature in the cemetery. Ss will appreciate storytelling and engage with Ss from different levels.
13. Reading Club: Students will develop a love for reading literature.
14. How to be Vegetarian in Sulaimani: Sudents will learn how to cook and eat healthily without meat in their diet.
15. Thanksgiving Movie Night: Students will learn about American cultural holiday and make new friends.
16. Trash to Treasure: Students will use reclaimed materials to make visual boards.
17. AUIS Paper Free Day (campus wide): Students and teachers will operate without paper while satisfying all learning outcomes.
18. Environmental Keepers (Student led club): Students will engage with the Environmental Keepers Club to learn environmental best practices.
19. Community Club (Student led): Students will make friends within the AUIS community through social engagement.
20. Unity Club (Student led): Students will engage in social activities to foster cross-cultural friendships.