The American University of Iraq, Sulaimani seeks adjunct faculty in the following subject areas:
- Math and Science
The primary responsibility of an adjunct faculty member is teaching and supporting student learning both inside and outside the classroom. The language of instruction in all classes is English.
As instructors, adjunct faculty members are expected to create syllabi for their courses that represent the current state of knowledge, to select textbooks and course materials that are appropriate to the level of the course or to adhere to syllabi and textbooks that are assigned by the department chair, to use instructional methods and technologies that will engage students, to challenge students intellectually, to assess and support student progress during the course both in class and though individual appointments as may be required, and to evaluate student performance fairly and accurately at the conclusion of a course.
Adjunct faculty teach at AUIS on a part-time basis. We are seeking professionals in the Sulaimani area who are capable and willing to teach one or more semester-long courses in their area of expertise.
- Master's degree or doctorate from an accredited college or university in a field of expertise listed above. Doctorate preferred.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Teaching experience at the postsecondary level, and/or significant industry experience
- Demonstrated strong commitment to teaching
- Evidence of outstanding teaching skills, including the ability to teach diverse populations and students for whom English is not a native language