Purpose of the position
American University of Iraq, Sulaimani (AUIS) is seeking an experienced Network Administrator to join our IT team to provide support to AUIS Community.
If you are a proactive, enthusiastic individual who can work well in a team and can deliver in an intense working environment, then this opportunity is perfect for you.
Responsibilities & duties
- To oversee day to day operations of the data networks infrastructure
- To plan, design and implement data connectivity for LAN, WAN & WLAN systems
- To assist in LAN & WAN hardware and software purchases, installation, backup, maintenance and problem solving
- To upgrade data network systems
- To maintain user documentation i.e. (software and hardware logs, applications and other related information)
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching to troubleshoot hardware and software problems within the data networks domain
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
- To act as a coordinator with the IT Help Desk section of the department, to ensure support is provided in a timely manner
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
- To ensure the availability of data network services for AUIS clients
- Oversees overall network security. Ensures protection from viruses or other security threats
- Familiarly with WAN optimization product (i.e. PacketShaper)
- To maintain and manage Cisco Voice over IP (VoIP) system
- Other tasks and activities as assigned
Education, Experience and Skills
- BSc degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Preferred Certifications: CCNA (R&S), Comptia Network+ or any other relevant certifications.
- To be able to communicate in English (Listening, Speaking & Writing).
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule as needed and be available for urgent matters on-site.
- Proficient analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks independently and take ownership of issues.
- Ability to deal with unexpected and complicated situations.
- Ability to adapt to new surroundings and rapid changes in technology.
Applicants should submit the following materials via email with "Network Administrator” in the subject line, to [email protected]:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
No telephone calls please. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for a follow-up interview.
AUIS is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity employer that believes cultural diversity is essential to education.