The Academic Preparatory Program at the American University of Iraq, Sulaimani is accepting applications for the position of Math Instructor. We are seeking seasoned Math teachers (at least 3 years teaching experience) with specific experience teaching academic prep classes in post-secondary settings. The University is located in the Kurdish region in northern Iraq with excellent security, welcoming and hospitable local residents, and eager and capable students.
APP faculty are required to produce meaningful lesson plans and assessments that follow our APP Curriculum, teach these lessons to their assigned students for 12 weeks per term, and grade assessments to determine their students’ progress over the semester. Responsibilities include up to 25 contact hours each week teaching math to an additional 30 hours of classroom prep.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Developing new courses as needed
- Student advising
- Participating in service activities and faculty governance
- Maintaining professional development and scholarship
- Participation in University committees
- Native English speaker preferred
A master’s degree is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math is required
- Master’s degree in math or field related to education
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level
- Demonstrated strong commitment to teaching
- Evidence of outstanding teaching skills, including the ability to teach diverse populations and students for whom English is not a native language
Salary and Benefits
Salary is competitive, tax-free, and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include relocation and shipping allowances, faculty housing, transportation to and from campus, subsidized medical and dental insurance, and an annual travel allowance.
Submitting an application
Pending budget approval, the position will begin in Fall 2019. Screening of applications will begin in Spring 2018 and will continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.