Job title: Academic Representative
Reporting to: Executive Office
Hours: Part Time - 20 hours/week
Location: Baghdad, Iraq
- Academic Representative is responsible for building relationships with Iraqi Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Universities and Schools both on- and off- campus.
- Works closely with the Ministry of Higher Education, by reporting to AUIS their needs/requirements, attend the ministry workshops, recording the workshop and reporting to Executive office in timely manner.
- Ability to translate Ministry communications from Arabic to English as needed from the Executive Office.
- Consistent follow up with the Ministry and as requested by the Executive Office.
- Maintain good relationship with the Ministry departments.
- Helps Admission of AUIS meets its admission and recruitment goal.
- This position takes care of AUIS visitors in Baghdad; additional customer service includes answering phone calls and emails.
- This position is primarily administrative: the ability to learn admissions procedures, clearly articulate admission regulations, process applications, organize application flow as needed.
- Reporting weekly to related departments at AUIS.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institute.
- At least 2 years of experience in related area or supervisory level.
- Good knowledge in American style education.
- Excellent knowledge of English, Arabic Languages and Kurdish Language is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical skills.
- Strong level of influence and negotiation skills.
- Self-motivation and able to work alone on a broad variety of projects.
- Ability to go around the city and meet people.
- Alignment with the values of AUIS – integrity, excellence, collaboration, service, and respect.