The vision of the Business Administration Department is to develop future business leaders for the area, region and globe. To accomplish this, the Department aims to transform students into dreamers, doers and leaders capable of propelling this region into the forefront of the business world.
To equip students with the tools necessary to excel in private sector enterprises by effectively conveying the core discipline-specific knowledge of economics, accounting, finance, management, and marketing, augmented with applicable knowledge of ethics, law, and information systems, coupled with developing critical and strategic thinking, analysis, synthesis and problem-solving abilities.
- Create an atmosphere where students are encouraged to dream about their possibilities and to reach for their dreams
- Transform our students into the next generation of business leaders for the area, region and globe
- Utilize best practices of American-style business education
- Engage in outreach programs with regional business and education communities to promote collaboration
- Serve as a model and resource for business programs and a resource for businesses in the region
We aim for our graduates to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Breadth of knowledge across business. Students will be able to apply the basic principles of entrepreneurship, financial management, organizational management, economics, marketing and accounting in the context of the national, regional and global economies.
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills. Students will evaluate business situations and analyze managerial decisions, using financial statements, statistical tools, and other appropriate methods to organize, analyze and present data.
- Interpersonal, communication, teamwork and leadership skills. Students will demonstrate competency in interpersonal, communication (oral and written), teamwork, and leadership skills through participation in individual and group projects involving company and industry analyses.
- Understanding of ethical and social responsibility. Students will apply concepts and theories of business law, ethics and social responsibility to business situations, taking into consideration the implications of management decisions impacting the interests of key internal and external stakeholders.
- Information and technology skills. Students will employ the latest concepts in information technology to research, facilitate, analyze, communicate and present on all aspects of business operations.
Depth of knowledge. Students will demonstrate appropriate knowledge of a specific business discipline, applying concepts, theories and models appropriate to their field of study.