Daily attendance at all APP classes is strongly encouraged. Nevertheless, circumstances arise which require a student to miss classes. This attendance policy has been created with the following points in mind.
- The absence policy remains in effect for the entirety of the semester.
- If a student miss five minutes or less of class, that student will be marked as tardy. This counts if a student arrives late, or leaves early. Any more than five minutes is an absence. Two tardies equal one absence.
- Both blocks are considered a single class with one absence allowed per day (2 possible tardies). The maximum number of absences in double-block classes is 9. If a student is absent from one block, they incur 1 absence, but are strongly encouraged to attend the second block if possible. The maximum number of absences for math classes is 6.
- When a student has accumulated 6-8.5 absences, he or she will be sent a warning email by the APP Registrar. Since no further communication will be sent, students are strongly encouraged to keep track of their own attendance record in each class.
- When any APP student accumulates 9 absences in an English course or 6 absences in a math course during a semester, that student will fail the course. He or she will be sent an email notification of course failure by the APP Registrar.
- The assigned course grade will be 0. Students who have failed on absences must leave for the remainder of the semester; they will not be permitted to audit classes.