Sponsors cover the tuition of students, helping to ensure that AUIS is affordable and accessible to students from a wide variety of backgrounds.
In order to ensure a fair and transparent process, AUIS requires sponsors and sponsored students to follow certain policies and procedures which have been outlined below:
Obtaining a Sponsorship
- Granting a sponsorship is at the discretion of the sponsor
- Liaison confirms the sponsorship with the sponsor
Confirming a Sponsorship
- Sponsorships must first be confirmed by the sponsor in a formal email or letter
- Sponsorships can be confirmed through the Sponsorship Record Form, either for a single term, for multiple terms or until graduation
- Students sponsored for two or more terms should complete a General Sponsorship Agreement
- All new or renewed sponsorships must be submitted by the sponsorship deadline - the second Thursday of each term
- Sponsorships may not be cancelled retroactively
- Sponsorships confirmed after the deadline will take effect the following term
- Sponsorships confirmed for a term then cancelled during the term will not result in an invoice for that same term; cancellation will always take effect the following term
- First failure of an APP level results in suspension of sponsorship and payment, invoice issued for failure
- Second failure of APP will result in termination of sponsorship
- First term on academic probation results in suspension of sponsorship and invoice issued for low-performing term
- Second term on academic probation will result in termination of sponsorship
AUIS deeply appreciates the financial support of student sponsors.
In order to be approved for graduation, a student must write a personalized thank you note to his or her sponsor to express gratitude.