The American University of Iraq, Sulaimani (AUIS) is pleased to announce a new five-year scholarship program for Iraqi students offered by the United States Embassy in Baghdad. The full scholarship will be awarded to ten high achieving students who may otherwise not have the economic means to pursue education at an American style university with high academic standards that will prepare them for the future job market. Preference will be given to students who have been directly affected or internally displaced by ongoing violence in the country.
The scholarship will be awarded to ten students who begin their five-year undergraduate program at AUIS in Fall 2016 or Spring and Fall 2017, and will cover the full costs for tuition and accommodation.
- 10 fully funded scholarships
- Awarded in Fall 2016, Spring 2017, Fall 2017 [Update: Three students have already won the scholarship in the earlier admissions rounds. The scholarship can be won by seven more eligible students in the upcoming Fall 2017 admissions round]
- Covers 5-years undergraduate program
- Covers full costs for tuition, books and materials, housing
The scholarship is open to students from all over Iraq this year who meet the following criteria:
- Students who apply during Spring 2017 (January 2017) and Fall 2017 (August 2017 Early Admissions Round and October 2017 Regular Admissions Round) Admission Rounds.
- Have scored 85% or above in baccalaureate exam
- Achieve minimum English Placement Test score to enter Level-3 of Academic Preparatory Program at AUIS. See test score table here.
- Preference will be given to students who have been directly affected or internally displaced by conflict or violence
- Applicants from disadvantaged economic background will be given priority
Students applying to the Fall 2017 Early or Regular Admissions Round (dates to be announced soon) should submit the US Embassy Merit Scholarship application to AUIS along with their university application.
To apply, please contact Admissions: +964 (770) 461 5555 | email@example.com
The application is currently open to candidates applying to AUIS in the Fall 2017 Admissions Rounds, i.e. Early Admissions Round from August 1 - 15, 2017 and Regular Admissions Round beginning October 1, 2017.