The American University of Iraq, Sulaimani (AUIS) is pleased to announce a new five-year scholarship program for Iraqi students offered by the United States Embassy in Baghdad. The full scholarship will be awarded to ten high achieving students who may otherwise not have the economic means to pursue education at an American style university with high academic standards that will prepare them for the future job market. Preference will be given to students who have been directly affected or internally displaced by ongoing violence in the country.
AUIS applicants can win a fully funded five-year undergraduate scholarship offered by the US Embassy in Baghdad.
The scholarship will be awarded to ten students who begin their five-year undergraduate program at AUIS in Fall 2016 or Spring and Fall 2017, and will cover the full costs for tuition and accommodation.
- 10 fully funded scholarships
- Awarded in Fall 2016, Spring 2017, Fall 2017
- Covers 5-years undergraduate program
- Covers full costs for tuition, books and materials, housing
Students applying to AUIS Spring 2017 Admissions Round (deadline: January 16) should submit the US Embassy Merit Scholarship application to AUIS by Thursday, January 19, 2017.
The scholarship is open to students from all over Iraq this year who meet the following criteria:
- Students who apply during Spring 2017 (January 2017) and Fall 2017 (June - November, 2017) Admission Rounds.
- Have scored 85% or above in baccalaureate exam
- Achieve minimum English Placement Test score to enter Level-3 of Academic Preparatory Program at AUIS. See test score table here.
- Preference will be given to students who have been directly affected or internally displaced by conflict or violence
- Applicants from disadvantaged economic background will be given priority
To apply, please contact Admissions: 07704615555
Please submit the form latest by Thursday, January 19, 2017. The application is currently only open to candidates applying to AUIS in the Spring 2017 Admissions Round.