The AUIS Honor Code embodies the honesty and integrity on which academic success is based.
The Honor Code was written by AUIS students, representing the Academic Preparatory Program and the Undergraduate Program, in February 2011. All students entering AUIS sign the Honor Code and are expected to meet the standards it sets.
The motto of the American University of Iraq, Sulaimani is “Learn today, lead tomorrow.” The core values of the University are freedom and responsibility, democracy, free expression and inquiry, equal opportunity, individual rights, tolerance and honorable personal and professional behavior.
The Honor Code
In order to create a healthy educational environment and to help us achieve our mission of educating future leaders, students are encouraged to follow the guidelines below. These guidelines are the Honor Code of the University. Any act that violates these guidelines will result in serious consequences, which may include dismissal from the University.
- Each student's work will be the result of his or her own honest academic efforts.
- Students will use English during all educational pursuits at AUIS. No other languages should be used during class discussions and examinations.
- Students will neither give nor receive any assistance from their classmates during examinations, homework, assignments, et cetera (unless permitted by the professor).
- Students will neither lie nor steal.
- Students will respect University property and the private property of others.
- Students will abide by the rules set down in the AUIS Academic Catalogue.
- Students will respect one another and University staff and faculty members, regardless of their ethnicity, religion or philosophy, gender, age, economic standing, occupation, or political affiliation.
On my honor, I will follow these guidelines.
Written (2010) and revised (2014) by AUIS Undergraduate Students.
You can find the AUIS Honor Code Form here.