April 22 is Earth Day! Celebrated since 1970, Earth Day is the annual global celebration of the Earth Day Network whose “mission is to diversify, educate and activate the environmental movement worldwide.”
What is happening on April 22?
This year, on April 22nd, the AUIS Environment Keepers will be hosting the Sulaimani Earth Day Festival, in collaboration with Waterkeepers Iraq and many other organizations.
Join us in cleaning up the park and enjoy the many fun activties planned during the day!
Schedule of events: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- 9:00 a.m. Buses leave AUIS campus and Pak City to bring students and teachers to Parki Azadi
- 9:30 a.m. Gathering at the Riwan Gate
- 10:00 a.m. All gather at the main stage in the park
- 10:15 a.m. Disperse in teams throughout the park to gather rubbish
- 11:15 a.m. Gather again at the main stage and Program begins
- live music performances
- poetry reading
- some drama sketches
- a competition arranged by Suli Runners club
- informational tables from many scientific, medical, and environmental organizations
- some basic medical screenings for eye health, blood sugar levels, and hepatitis
- a nature photo exhibitions (and possibly sales)
The festival is open to everyone.
See event on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/Sulaimani.Earth.Day.Festival