Assitant Professor and Chair, Department of Information Technology
Ph.D. Massey University
Dr. Matroud is a computational biologist/Mathematical biologist/Bioinformatician with 12 years experience in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate courses in computer science, mathematics and bioinformatics. His current research interests include computational biology, bioinformatics, networking and graph theory. In the last five years, he has been working on the analysis of DNA sequences where he designed software tools for bioinformatics. His main research focus is building phylogenetics tools using repeated elements in DNA. Dr. Matroud worked at the University of Otago, Massey University, University of Nottingham and Universiti Putra Malaysia. He was a member of IEEE, International Society for Computational Biology, New Zealand Mathematical Society and The Allan Wilson Centre for Molecular Ecology and Evolution.
View profile on Google Scholar.
- NTRFinder: a software tool to find nested tandem repeats, 2012, Nucleic Acids Research, pp 1–6, doi:10.1093/nar/gkr1070
- A comparison of three heuristic methods for solving the parsing problem for tandem repeats, 2012, Advances in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, LNCS7409, pp 37-48.
- An algorithm to solve the motif alignment problem for approximate nested tandem repeats in biological sequences, 2011, Journal of Computational Biology, 18, 9, pp 1211–1218. doi:10.1089/cmb.2011.0101.
- Large chordal rings for given diameter and uniqueness property of minima, 2007, ARS COMBINATORIA 82, pp 243–252.
- Boolean Routing On Regular Chordal Ring Network, 2001, Journal of Institute of Mathematics and Computer Sciences, 12, pp. 55-67.
- Ancestor–descendant alignment of tandemly repeated sequences The 17th Annual New Zealand Phylogenomics Meeting, 2013, Doom2013, Mount Ruapehu, New Zealand.
- A comparison of three heuristic methods for solving the parsing problem for tandem repeats, 2012, BSB2012, Campo Grande, Brazil.
- An algorithm to solve the motif alignment problem for approximate nested tandem repeats, 2010, RECOMB-CG 2010, Ottawa, Canada.
- A broadcasting algorithm on large chordal ring of degree six networks, 2006, ICCTA. pp 3134-3138, Syria.
- An effective routing algorithm for chordal ring of degree six, 2005, PCI2005, Greece.
- Compact routing on high degree chordal ring network, 2002, 4th WICS, pp 499-509, Saudi.
- A new representation of regular chordal ring network, 2002, WEC2002 .pp 43-48, Malaysia.
- Boolean routing on ring network, 2001, ICIMU 2nd volume, pp 9-13. UNITEN, Malaysia.