The U.S. Embassy in Iraq and the American University of Iraq, Sulaimani (AUIS) are excited to announce a great opportunity for 9th, 10th and 11th grade high school students to demonstrate their knowledge and skills in a competition to receive an educational scholarship to learn English. The selected finalists will participate in a two-year program for talented youth from economically disadvantaged backgrounds called the English Access Micro-scholarship Program (Access) funded by the U.S. Department of State.
The Access Program provides an opportunity for students in Sulaimani to learn about U.S. culture and values, deepen their knowledge of the English language, and take an active part in the development of Kurdistan.
The program consists of two components:
1. English language lessons according to the students’ level and,
2. Cultural activities that build your understanding of the United States.
Program Dates: The program will run from December 7, 2016 to December 11, 2018.
Financial Support: The Access Program pays for the student’s tuition, books, and transportation costs.
Program Requirements: Applicants must provide:
- An identity card or birth certificate (original and copy);
- A report card/certificate from school (original and copy)/ transcript;
- Documents confirming the status of low-income families: certificate identifying members in household, and noting how many children are present / certificate of disability or loss of a breadwinner / yearly family certificate of income / income from pensions /certificate of parental divorce
Application: The application ifor this program is now closed.